8 Holy Grail Drugstore Products

Wednesday, December 17, 2014


Hey guys, so two years ago my husband and I spent 8 days in Florida for Christmas. Which was super fun for me because I was forced to check my carry-on luggage that I intentionally pack with my essentials that I could not go with out, (or the items that are a pain to replace; for example, all of my makeup, other toiletries, bras and jeans) and that particular piece of luggage and it was sent to Stockholm #bestchristmasever.
Well, my husband and I are packing to go to Florida for Christmas again this year and I was reminded of my frantic trip to the drugstore to pick up an entire face of makeup at 11:30 at night. To this day I am actually really grateful for that trip because that is where I discovered quite a few products that I could never live without.

1//Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser//This scrub is amazing, ever since I purchased this two years ago this has been pretty much all my husband and I have used. We had tried one or two others but nothing gets our skin as clean and keeps it as hydrated as this. The smell isn't great but it isn't bad either, they actually now make a couple of other scents as well but I don't think they are the same formula. I haven't tried them yet.

2//Maybelline Fit Concealer //I freaking love this concealer. I actually had never heard of it before I purchased it, it was just on sale so I decided to try it. This was another product I picked up on my frantic drugstore run. I really like this for under the eye area and it's actually a great highlighter because it doesn't cake up at all. I also never have any issues with this settling into my fine lines. It's very buildable, so you could also use this as a spot corrector too.

3//COVERGIRL Ready, Set Gorgeous //I should preface this by saying that I am an absolute foundation snob. However, that gets expensive so I read some reviews on this product recently and decided to give it a shot. My absolute favorite foundation of all time is the Makeup Forever Mat Velvet+ and this foundation is actually the perfect dupe. The main difference between the Covergirl and the MUF is how the product blends. I do still find that the MUF is easier to blend but if you use a Beauty Blender you shouldn't notice too much of a difference. Otherwise, the product is extremely long wearing with great coverage and a beautiful matte finish. I can get by without setting my foundation when I use it.

4//Wet N' Wild Trio //I also came across this eyeshadow two years ago and it now lives in my permanent makeup bag. This is great for those mornings when you opted for sleeping in over doing an in-depth makeup routine. These shadows are perfect because no matter how you apply them, they always look great. You could easily take this particular trio from a day to night look. My favorite is the "walking on eggshells" trio.

5//REVLON Lip Butter //These lip butters are no secret, they are amazing and if you haven't tried them then you should. You will never look back. All of my anti-lip-product-babes, this is for you.

6//Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask //I have been using this mask for years. This is just a great purifying mask, it is minty so this is a great mask for those stressful days. It's also super cheap so you really can't go wrong :)

7//L'Oreal Lineur Intense //If you are new to liquid liner, you have to try this. I know a lot of people say that the liquid pens make applying liner super easy, but I don't think any are as black as this stuff. The applicator is a felt tip so it is actually pretty fool-proof.

8//Maybelline Me Fit Blush Light Rose //This blush is the bomb dot com. It is the perfect natural and warm flush color and it looks great with bold lips or bold eyes. I also found this on my emergency drug store run and I can't get enough of it.

No comments :

Post a Comment