christmas tablescape on a budget

Thursday, December 11, 2014


This year, we decided not to spend a lot of money on Christmas decorations since everything is marked up now, and will go on sale after Christmas. If you know my husband, you know he is very... thrifty. Which is fine with me because I love a good deal. However, I wanted our house to feel homey this season, and since a lot of the house isn't furnished yet, I set out to get some decorations on a budget to make the house feel cozier.

This is a little preview of my decorations so far. I wanted a woodsy feel with lots of greenery so the house is sprinkled with greens and pine cones. My tree still needs a little work, but since I still haven't found a tree topper and ribbon for it, I might just have to let it be until next year. Plus, since our tree was a quick-pick in the Lowe's parking lot, it's a little wild looking. It looks more like a round bush in the corner than a symmetrical Christmas tree. But at least it smells nice!
Almost everything is from Big Lots. I love that store for Christmas decorations. You can't beat the prices and a lot of the stuff they have is adorable. The sparkly garland is 8 feet long and was $8 dollars.

The two burlap trees are from Target and were $3 each. The white pumpkins are leftover from when we hosted Friendsgiving, and I just don't have the heart to throw them away yet.

I made the glittery candle jars for my wedding, and now have them all over the house. I will do a DIY on how to make them soon. They were very easy and inexpensive to make! The lantern in the middle was a gift at my wedding shower. A big part of my decorating game plan was using things that I already had and mixing it with festive decor to give the illusion that I had more going on.


The cushions were the result of a spontaneous shopping spree with my mother-in-law, and she  bought these for me. I love them because they are sparkly and look festive for the holidays. I believe they were around $7 a piece when we got them and then we got an extra 15% off. The table cloth is the same material as the chair pads, I just folded it into a runner. My mother-in-law got it on sale for $11.99, but it's now $16.99. (Target is offering 10% off at checkout and 15% off decor purchases of $75 or more for a limited time. Yes!)

This is our first Christmas in the house and it's been so fun adding touches of Christmas to everything. Until I acquire more decorations in the years to come, what I decorations that I do have is just enough to hold me over until everything goes on sale.

Send us a picture of your Christmas tablescape on Instagram and tag us so we can see! @rusticandluxe
our table and chair set was from Overstock for under $800




2 comments :

  1. This is very pretty and elegant. I'm with you, I love decorating my home to feel "homey". Hope your doing well and having fun with this. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! It's been so fun decorating a house, I want to come see your house and sweet family next time I'm in Maine :). I miss you guys!! Love you :)

      Delete