Easy Christmas Decorations

Monday, December 15, 2014


This is one of those things that you have probably seen before. These pretty, fluffy lights came across my Pinterest a long time ago. When I saw a roll of sparkly tulle in my craft supplies a couple of weeks ago, I decided to play around with the idea and ended up loving this. It's incredibly easy. I am sure you are all very smart people and know how to cut strips of tulle and tie and it around a strand of lights. 
But just to help you along...


1. Cut tulle into strips

Cut tulle into 6-7 inch strips. I layered the strips so that there were two pieces in each knot. This made it look thicker and fluffier. 

I used gold sparkly tulle. You can use whatever color you'd like; it doesn't have to have sparkles in it, but the sparkles add a little extra holiday glam and the finished look is so fun.

2. Tie the strips around the strand of lights

The lights I used are about 6 feet long. I tied the strips of tulle around the strand in the gap in between every light bulb.

Once you're finished, you may want to take scissors and trim the strips. I adjusted a few pieces to make it look a little imperfect. 


Drape it over your mantle - or, just leave it trailing on the floor. Mine is gathered around the bottom of my Christmas tree since I don't have a tree skirt yet. I might try another one using white tulle...

What do you think of this easy diy? Share your pictures with us on Instagram if you make this! @rusticandluxe




No comments :

Post a Comment